1. Attended the National Conference on Urbanisation and Economic Development organised by the Centre for Urban Economic Studies, University of Calcutta, Calcutta. March 29-31, 1991.
2. Attended National Conference on Environment organised by Paschimbangya Vigyan Manch, West Bengal Pollution Control Board & Department of Environment, Government of West Bengal. February 02-05, 1999.
3. Attended Workshop on Microeconomics organised by the Department of Economics, Presidency College, Calcutta and Oxford University Press, at Presidency College, Calcutta. July 20, 1999.
4. Attended UGC sponsored Workshop on Revised Syllabus of Business Economics for the B.Com. (Honours) course of Calcutta University. July 31,1999.
5. Attended 11th Conference of the Indian Institute of Geomorphologists & National Seminar on “ Mountain To Ocean: A Changing Environmental Scenario”. February 11-13, 2000.
6. Attended the Seminar on Redefining The Goals Of Higher Education In The Twenty-first Century organized by the Presidency College, Kolkata & West Bengal Government College Teachers’ Association on 27 January 2001.
7. Participated and Acted as Rapoteour on the Session of Health Economics in the 21st Annual Conference of the Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad organized by the Hooghly Mohsin College & Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad with the assistance of the UGC on 17-18 February 2001.
8. Participated and presented a paper on Globalisation & Mass Health – A Critical Review in the First Social Science Congress organize by the Jadavpur University & Indian Academy of Social Science, 23-25 February 2001.
9. Participated and presented a paper on Liberalisation of the Coal Industry – An Efficiency- Employment Trade off! in the National Seminar on One Decade of Liberalisation Policy in India organized by the Department of Economics with Rural Development, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, 30-31 March 2001.
10. Participated in the Workshop on Environmental Economics organized by the Department of Economics, Calcutta University, 6 June 2001.
11. Participated in the National Seminar on ‘Towards A Definition of Indianness: Cross Disciplinary Perspectives’ 25-26 February 2002.
12. Participated in the International seminar on Terrorism and Low Intensity Conflict in the South Asian Region organized by Department of International Relations, Jadavpur University in collaboration with International Law Association & Law Research Institute, Calcutta, 6-8 March 2002.
13. Participated in the International Conference on Good Governance in Democratic Societies in Cross Cultural Perspective organized by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, as part of the EU-India Economic Cross-Cultural Programme (ECCP) project on ‘Good Governance in Democratic Societies in cross Cultural Perspective’, 25-27 April 2002.
14. Participated in the National Seminar on ‘ Whither Higher Education in India’ organized by Jadavpur University in collaboration with the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) on 4-5 June 2002.
15. Participated Second West Bengal Social Congress, organized jointly by the Hooghly Mohsin College and Indian Academy of Social Sciences, 15-17 November 2002.
16. Delivered a lecture on ‘ Role of Teachers in Disseminating Value Education’ in the Seminar on ‘ Education in Human Values – Is It A Rhetoric in the Perspective of Commercialized, Career- Oriented Education’ organized by Vivekananda Nidhi at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 6-8 December, 2002.
17. Participated in the Seminar on ‘ Globalisation: Its Impact on Indian Society organized by WBGCTA and Presidency College, Kolkata and sponsored by UGC on 15 February 2003.
18. Participated in the National Seminar on ‘Alternative Global Future’ organized by Jadavpur University, 5-6 March 2003.
19. Participated in the National Conference on ‘Reviewing the Partition: Dalit Lives and Dalit Visions in Eastern India’ organized by Jadavpur University, 21-22 March 2003.
20. Participated in the National Seminar on ‘Higher Education and National Development’ organized by the All India Federation of University and College Teacher’s Organisations, 20 – 22 October 2003, Mumbai.
21. Participated in the UGC sponsore seminar on Relevance on the Conventional Subjects: Present Scenario, organized jointly by the Sanskrit College and the West Bengal Government College Teachers’ Association, 24 January 2004, Presidency College, Kolkata.
22. Participated in the UGC sponsored national seminar on Disaster and Its Management: Perspective and Future Approaches, organized by Krishnagar Government College on 16-17 April 2004.
23. Participated in the National Consultation on Boards of School education: Envisioned Role for Access, Equity and Quality, organized by National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, 1 – 2 August 2005.
24. Participated in the Boards Conclave on National Curriculum Framework – 2005, organized by Council of Boards of School Education in India and National Council of Educational Research & Training, New Delhi 15 – 17 September 2005.
25. Participated in the Annual Conference and the Seminar on Towards Universalizing Secondary Education, organized by Council of Boards of School Education in India, Goa 17 – 19 January 2006.
26. Participated in the Workshop on Section 30 of the Persons With Disabilities Act 1995, organized by Department of School Education and Commissioner (Disabilities) West Bengal, 21 – 22 April 2006.
27. Participated in the International Symposium organized by Regional Science Association, India on New Frontiers in Regional Science, August 6 – 7, 2007, Kolkata, India, presented a paper entitled, “ Information and Communication Technology in Regional Development: A Study on ICT Education at Higher Secondary Level in West Bengal”.
1. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Factors behind the slow replantation in Darjeeling. The Assam Review and Tea News, Vol. 80, No. 11, 1992.
2. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Employment scenario of tea industry in West Bengal. Tea Journal, March –April, 1992.
3. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Occupational structure of labour in tea industry. Tea Journal,July-August, 1992
4. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. City bus services in Calcutta- A comprehensive analysis between private and public sector. Nagarlok, Vol. 24, July- September 1992.
5. Chakrabarty, D., Saha, D., Chakrabarty, R., Sarkar, D., Banerjee, S., and Chakrabarty, P., An optimal training and retraining policy to maximise the return in food and drink industries in India. Proceedings of International AMSE Conference on ‘Signals Data and Systems’,Calcutta, India, December 7-9, Vol.2, pp. 219-228, AMSE Press, 1992.
6. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. The West Bengal tea industries- problems and prospects. In West Bengal Today – A Fresh Look ed. B. Roy. Mittal publications, New Delhi,1993.
7. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Problem of wagon industry with reference to National Transport Planning, Indian Journal of Transport Management,Vol.18, No.6, June1994
8. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. India’s export trade in a global trade perspective- identification of the key areas. International Journal of Development Planning and Literature, Vol.10, No 3&4, 1995.
9. Kanjilal, B. and Sarkar, D. A new design for comprehensive rural development –a case of Rangabelia. In Rural Economy and Development – Planning For The Future ed. Subuddhi, R. and Dash, V. Commonwealth publishers, New Delhi, 1995.
10. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Two modes of transport, Mini bus and Standard bus- Need for an optimum modal mix. Indian Journal of Transport Management. Vol. 20, No. 5, May, 1996.
11. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Policy direction in Indian railways- need for long term perspective. Indian Journal of Transport Management. Vol. 20, No. 11, November 1996.
12. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Strategic policy making in India’s export drive – exploring potential areas, Southern Economist. Vol. 35, No. 13, November 1, 1996.
13. Sarkar, D. and Datta, D. Calcutta metro – an analytical overview, Indian Journal of Transport Management. Vol. 21, No. 9, September 1997.
14. Sarkar, D. Twin deficits in India – a theoretical analysis. International Journal of Information and Computing Science, Vol. 1, No. 1, 1998.
15. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Recent fare revision and sustainability of Calcutta metro. Indian Journal of Transport Management. Vol. 23, No. 10, 1999.
16. Sarkar, D. Deficits in the era of preliberalisation of India. Artha Beekshan. Vol. 8, No.2, 1999.
17. Sarkar, D. Coal mining in India – an economic analysis of environmental hazards. Proceedings of the 11th Conference of the Indian Institute of Geomorphologists & National Seminar on “ Mountain To Ocean: A Changing Environmental Scenario”. February 11-13, 2000.
18. Sarkar, D. and Datta, D. Changing pattern of transport scenario – a review of emerging problems. Indian Journal of Transport Management, November 2000.
19. Sarkar, D. Review of the environmental hazards in coal industry of India. Indian Journal of Environmental Protection. Vol. 20, No. 7, 2000.
20. Sarkar, D. Globalisation and Mass Health- a critical evaluation, in the conference volume of the First Social Science Congress in West Bengal, organised by the Department of International Relation & Indian Academy of Social Science, 23-25 February 2001.
21. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Issues of health care services – some reflections. In Welfare, Choice and Development: Essays in Honour of Professor Amartya Sen ed. B. Roy, Kanishka Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi 2001.
22. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Changing pattern of transport scenario – a review of emerging problems. In Socio- economic Development in India ed. B. Roy, Mohit Publications, New Delhi, 2001.
23. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Political Economy of Indian Economic Development- A Critical Review, in Focus India-III ed. A. Sarkar, Hooghly Mohsin College, 2002.
24. Sarkar, D., R. N. Bhattacharya, B. Kanjilal, Z. Husain: Health care expenditure of coal mine workers- A case study in West Bengal, The Journal of Health Management, Vol 5, No 1, January-June, 2003.
25. Sarkar, D., Z. Husain, R. N. Bhattacharya, B. Kanjilal: Occupational diseases and their determinants - A study of coal mine workers in West Bengal, Management and Labour Studies, Vol 28, No 3, August, 2003.
26. Sarkar, D. Mining of coal and land degradation- A review. In Land Degradation and Desertification ed. Jha V.C, Rawat Publications, Jaipur, 2003.
27. Sarkar, D., Z. Husain, R. N. Bhattacharya, B. Kanjilal: Occupational diseases and provisioning of health care: A case of market failures in coal mining, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol 47, No 2, April- June 2004
28. Sarkar, D., Z. Husain, B. Kanjilal, R. N. Bhattacharya: Optimal health care strategy in coalmines- An economic analysis, Indian Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 8, No. 2, May-August 2004.
29. Sarkar, D., Z. Husain, R. N. Bhattacharya: Occupational health hazards in coalmining: A case study in Khottadih project, West Bengal, Artha Beekshan, Vol 14, No. 1, June 2005.
30. Sarkar, D. et al edited Combating Disaster – Perspectives in the New Millennium, acb Publications (ISBN 81-87500-29-8), 2005.
31. Chakrabarty, A., Sarkar,D., Information and Communication Technology in Regional Development: A Study on ICT Education at Higher Secondary Level in West Bengal (communicated).
32. Datta, D. and Sarkar, D. Arsenic pollution in India and Bangladesh: how to face the menace (communicated).
33. Sarkar, D. Liberalisation of Coal Industry: Efficiency – Employment Trade Off! in One Decade of Liberalisation Policy in India ed. Mondal D and Majumder S. (in press)
Attended various training programme
1. UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Economics, December 14,1991-January 04, 1992, organised by the Jadavpur University, Academic Staff College, Calcutta.
2. UGC sponsored Orientation Course, organised by the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Academic Staff College, New Delhi, 05-29 February 1992.
3. UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organised by the University of Calcutta, Academic Staff College, Calcutta, December 27 – January 15, 1996.
4. UGC sponsored Summer School on Advanced Econometric Technique and Their Application, conducted by the Economic Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, 9-27 June 1997
5. UGC sponsored Winter School on Statistical methods in Social Sciences, conducted by the Math- Stat Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta October20- November 8, 1997.
6. Faculty Upgradation Programme on Environmental Economics, aided by the World Bank under the Environmental Management Capacity Building Technical Assistance Project, organised by the Economic Research Unit, Indian Statistical Unit, Calcutta 1- 26 November 1999.
7. Winter School in Quantitative Economics, organised by the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta and The Standing Committee for India and South Asia of the Econometric Society January 01-07, 2001.
8. UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Global Politics: The Emerging Scenario, organised by the Jadavpur University, Academic Staff College, Calcutta March 01-27,2001
9. UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Economics, organised by the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Academic Staff College, New Delhi August13 - September 07,2001
10. Participated in the Workshop on ‘ Value Orientation For Sustainable Development’ in jointly by the Hooghly Mohsin College and Vivekananda Nidhi, in August 2001.
11. Participated in the Workshop on the Revision of Undergraduate Syllabus of Economics organized by WBCUTA and Asutosh College on July 13, 2002, Kolkata.