The College at present offers three-year B. Com. (1+1+1) Honours course in Accounting and
Finance. This course is meant for those who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination
conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent
examination conducted by other Boards/Councils/Universities recognised as such by the
University of Calcutta, with at least 5 subjects including English.
The B. Com. (Honours) Course is of three years’ duration and the degree is awarded
by the University of Calcutta after successful completion of the course. During the course
period the University of Calcutta holds three examinations :
i. Part I Examination at the end of the First Year.
ii. Part II Examination at the end of the Second Year.
iii. Part III Examination at the end of the Third Year.
There are sixteen (16) Compulsory papers in the B. Com. (Honours) course including
one Compulsory paper of 50 marks on Environmental Studies. The total marks including
the paper on Environmental Studies, is 1,550. The syllabus of study consists of Honours
Group (Eight papers), two Pass Groups (Six papers) and one Language Group &
- 20 Papers of 50 marks each.
- 10 Core Papers in the First Year.
- 6 Core Papers in the Second Year.
- 4 Elective Papers in Accounting and Finance group.
1. Organisational Behaviour.
2. Macro Economics and Indian Business Environment.
3. Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions.
4. Operations Research.
5. Managerial Economics.
6. Marketing Management.
7. International Business.
8. Direct and Indirect Taxation and Corporate Tax Planning.
9. Accounting Theory.
11. Strategic Management.
12. Advance Cost Accounting.
13. Information System Management
14. Financial Management.
15. Accounting for Managerial Decisions.
16. International Accounting and Finance.
17. Accounting and Finance
18. Corporate Financial Accounting and Reporting.
19. Financial Statement Analysis.
20. Financial Institutions and Markets.
21. Security Analysis and Portfolio Management.