Admission procedure for B. Com. (Hons) starts usually in the month of June i.e. after the declaration of the results of HS examination by WBCHSE.
A Candidate intending to take B.Com. (Honours) course must fulfil the following
1. Minimum marks (in H.S. or equivalent 10+2 examination) required for online application.
- For General category Candidates: 75.00% in aggregate and 60.00% in the related subject.
- For OBC-A and OBC-B West Bengal only Candidates: 67.50% in aggregate and 54.00% in the related subject.
- For SC/ST of West Bengal only Candidates: 56.25% in aggregate and 45.00% in the related subject.
2. Passed Higher Secondary or any other equivalent examination in 2014 as regular candidate with at least five subjects of 100 marks each including English and any one of the following related subjects,
Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Mathematics, Business Organisation, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies, Office Practice and Secretarial, Financial Accounting, Elements of Cost Accountancy and Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accountancy and Principle of Management.
3. A Candidate shall have the option of applying in one section only (either in Morning or Day section).
4. All admission related matters are available in the college admission website: http://www.goenkacollegeadmissions.com.
A Candidate intending to take the M. Com. Course must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Passed the B.Com. (3 Yrs. Hons.) examination from the University of Calcutta.
2. Candidates who have passed Honours/Major course in commerce with 1st class from other
Universities are also eligible, subject to the availability of seats.
Application for admission to the college should be made in the prescribed form available
at the college website only. Forms not properly filled in or submitted with false
information shall be cancelled.
Admission is done strictly on the basis of merit and is based on the marks obtained
in the last qualifying examination. Selection lists for admission are displayed in the
College Notice Board and at the college website. The selected candidates are to pay the
requisite fees at the college office on a specified date, failing which their claims to
admission shall stand forfeited. As per the order of the Government of West Bengal, 22%,
6% and 2% of the total seats are reserved for S.C. and S.T. and Physically Handicapped candidates respectively. All admissions are provisional and are subject to the approval of the University of Calcutta.
M. Com. Admission procedure generally starts in the month of August/September i.e. after the declaration of the results of B.Com. Part III examination by the University of Calcutta.
The selected candidates are required to produce the following documents at the time
of admission :
- The original mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
- One attested photocopy of the mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
- Original document showing the date of birth.
- One attested photocopy of date of birth document.
- Three copies of a recent passport size photograph. • The caste/tribe certificate in original (only for S.C./S.T. candidates).
- One attested photocopy of the caste/tribe certificate (only for S.C./S.T. candidates).
- Registration/Migration Certificate (for admission to M. Com.)
A candidate who has been previously admitted to another college must produce a
Transfer Certificate (in original) at the time of admission. The candidate must remain
personally present with his/her parent or guardian at the time of admission.
RE-ADMISSION OF EXISTING COLLEGE STUDENT
For re-admission the merit of each case shall be separately considered. Re-admission
of all applicants are not guaranteed.
A student migrating to the University of Calcutta from any other Board/Council/University
will be required to produce a Migration Certificate within two months from the date of
admission and pay a Migration Fee of Rs. 100/. In addition to the Migration Certificate,
foreign students will be required to produce student-visa issued by the Indian High
Commission within three months from the date of admission. In the event of failure to
produce the Migration Certificate and / or student visa acceptable by the University of
Calcutta in time, the admission will stand cancelled for which the college will not be held
responsible and the college will also not be bound to refund the fees.