Admission procedure for B. Com. (Hons) starts usually in the month of June i.e. after the declaration of the results of HS examination by WBCHSE.
A Candidate intending to take B.Com. (Honours) course must fulfil the following
1. Minimum marks (in H.S. or equivalent 10+2 examination) required for online application.
(a) For General Category: 65% in aggregate and 60% in any of the subjects
mentioned below :-
(*Subjects: Accountancy, Business Economics including Mathematics, Business Organization, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Secretarial practice and Office Procedure, Financial Accountancy, Elements of Cost Accountancy and Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accounting and Principles of Management)
(b) For SC/ST Category: 50% in aggregate and 45% in any of the subjects mentioned above.
(c) For Physically Handicapped Category: 65% in aggregate and 60% in any of the subjects
2. Applicant must have passed (H.S. or equivalent exam.) with at least five recognised
subjects including English (full marks for each subject not less than 100).
3. A Candidate shall have the option of applying in one section only (either in Morning or Day section).
4. All admission related matters are available in the college admission website: http://www.goenkacollegeadmissions.com.
A Candidate intending to take the M. Com. Course must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Passed the B.Com. (3 Yrs. Hons.) examination from the University of Calcutta.
2. Candidates who have passed Honours/Major course in commerce with 1st class from other
Universities are also eligible, subject to the availability of seats.
Application for admission to the college should be made in the prescribed form available
at the college website only. Forms not properly filled in or submitted with false
information shall be cancelled.
Admission is done strictly on the basis of merit and is based on the marks obtained
in the last qualifying examination. Selection lists for admission are displayed in the
College Notice Board and at the college website. The selected candidates are to pay the
requisite fees at the college office on a specified date, failing which their claims to
admission shall stand forfeited. As per the order of the Government of West Bengal, 22%,
6% and 2% of the total seats are reserved for S.C. and S.T. and Physically Handicapped candidates respectively. All admissions are provisional and are subject to the approval of the University of Calcutta.
M. Com. Admission procedure generally starts in the month of August/September i.e. after the declaration of the results of B.Com. Part III examination by the University of Calcutta.
The selected candidates are required to produce the following documents at the time
of admission :
- The original mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
- One attested photocopy of the mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
- Original document showing the date of birth.
- One attested photocopy of date of birth document.
- Three copies of a recent passport size photograph. • The caste/tribe certificate in original (only for S.C./S.T. candidates).
- One attested photocopy of the caste/tribe certificate (only for S.C./S.T. candidates).
- Registration/Migration Certificate (for admission to M. Com.)
A candidate who has been previously admitted to another college must produce a
Transfer Certificate (in original) at the time of admission. The candidate must remain
personally present with his/her parent or guardian at the time of admission.
RE-ADMISSION OF EXISTING COLLEGE STUDENT
For re-admission the merit of each case shall be separately considered. Re-admission
of all applicants are not guaranteed.
A student migrating to the University of Calcutta from any other Board/Council/University
will be required to produce a Migration Certificate within two months from the date of
admission and pay a Migration Fee of Rs. 100/. In addition to the Migration Certificate,
foreign students will be required to produce student-visa issued by the Indian High
Commission within three months from the date of admission. In the event of failure to
produce the Migration Certificate and / or student visa acceptable by the University of
Calcutta in time, the admission will stand cancelled for which the college will not be held
responsible and the college will also not be bound to refund the fees.